Saturday, January 2, 2010

Lake Superior Winter

Revisiting 2009, (not that I really want to) I think most of us have already bid 2009 a hearty adieu. We held our own in 2009 and are very grateful for that. And,we thank you for checking in with us every once and awhile on this sporadic, at best, blog. As I look out my window today and am greeted to a very cold Lake Superior that overnight, started to ice ball and ice-mountain up, and this will continue all day with temps not budging much above 5F. I think back to that gale a few days ago that I ventured out and watched the big surf roll in for hours- here's a pic where I was fortunate enough to spot another brave soul out with me across the cove-




2 comments:

  1. Is this out at Presque on the black rocks? I hope that when I visit MQT for the UP200 that the lake shore is not frozen... I'd like to see some waves of my own! (I understand odds are against this)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black rocks it is. Ice shelf started accumulating last night, with these temps it's probably keep building, but who knows, warm temps and big waves can always knock it down again

    ReplyDelete

we'd love to hear from you :)