Tuesday, April 28, 2009

image candidate for unsolvable puzzle?

Guess what this is........water reflection art


I was photographing the ore dock when I looked down and saw these vivid designs in the water. I had to act fast as boats were putting in, ruining the calm waves that were reflecting these colors. .

A lot of people have a fascination with these docks, used to load coal and ore into the freighters. It's easy to see why, they are huge. If you can see at the top, those are rail cars that give you a sense of scale. Marquette has two docks, with the upper harbor one still in use today. Most of the time you see pics of the docks with freighters right next to them. This pic of dock only really conveys how big this thing really is. Marquette Upper Harbor Ore DockMarquette Upper Harbor Ore Dock

1 comment:

  1. I am a HUGE jigsaw puzzle freak, and I am also a freak about Lake Superior... I would be SO excited to see this top image of the dock as a jigsaw puzzle! It would be so difficult and fun! Both photos would make great puzzles, but the top one would be amazing! I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete

we'd love to hear from you :)