Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sarychev Volcano Sunset

I finally got to see a volcano sunset, and was it ever a treat. Last night the skies cleared and I saw the telltale white streaks way up in the stratosphere as the sun was setting. After the sun went down, the incredibly saturated colors appeared, with the "volcanic lavender" being very visible in crespiscular rays. This sunset had to rank up there with some of the best I've seen over Lake Superior. Just incredible.
Sarychev Volcano Sunset over Lake Superior, Upper Peninsula of MichiganSarychev Volcano Sunset over Lake Superior, Upper Peninsula of Michigan

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful photo. We toured your area three years ago. Beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one stunning picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I think I will leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete

we'd love to hear from you :)