Thursday, February 19, 2009

Icy Surfers

Doh. A surfer apparently needed a rescue yesterday at the breakwall. Guess he got too close, couldn't escape the force of the incoming waves pounding the wall, and became the poundee. He eventually managed to get on the breakwall and to the safety of the other side. It wasn't until he was paddling back in on the other side that the Coast Guard got to him. I didn't see it, I just hope that the guys understand their limits and stay out of these situations obviously for their own safety and of course the downside of bad press leading to ordinances, etc, etc.
Believe it or not, there are still many in these parts that are in denial that people surf Lake Superior. It's a common occurrence in the winter. So I thought I might post a few pics of these guys in their element. I love to watch em and hope they stay safe-9.9x outa 10 they usually do. For more Lake Superior Surfing photos, click on Lake Superior Surfing photos here. For winter surfing photos, click on winter surfing photos here.

icy winter surfing, Lake Superioricy winter surfing, Lake Superior

icy surfer, lake superioricy surfer,Lake Superior winter

1 comment:

  1. hey... some great shots here.... I'm going to be heading back there soon looks like. After years away from home, the 906 is calling... and I'm bringin' my boards.

    SoCal, Costa, Hawaii, now New Zealand... see you boys out there. It'll be good to surf the Zoo again. And "mean g's".... (at least that's what I call the Rock Cut.)

    keith.glendon@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

we'd love to hear from you :)