Monday, February 9, 2009

Yooper... Daily....?

Well, wondered how long it would be before my daily turned into a weekly. I've come to the realization that it's gonna be real tough to post daily once the art show season hits in earnest.
We just got back from a show and I don't know, all of the daily media pounding on the recession has me a bit skeptical. We just had our best sales totals of any year we've been doing this last show and I have to ask, recession? What recession?
I know people are hurting, in some regions of the country very dearly, and people are cutting back. We are cutting back on some things. People are loosing their jobs. But to get our country moving again, the media has to do a better job of reporting fairly what is going on out there when there is good news too. It's easy to begin to believe that, yes, the media is in the bag with Obama and will make it sound as bad as possible to get this upcoming "pork stimulus" bill passed. Personally, I think a little "good news" reporting on the economy would do wonders for getting people to spend again. If you watch a lot of the media reporting on the economy lately, you've already hidden your life savings in ball jars in the back yard for the next five years and the only items you buy are bread and water for survival. I mean, come on, give it a break, media! and I'll give politics a break, that's the last thing I wanted to include in this blog.
Well, tonight is the full moon, and it was spectacular last night. We're clouded over tonight, but if you are in a clear sky location, enjoy! Winter is an especially cool time to experience moonlight, with the reflection of the trees contrasting against the snowy white.Lake Superior, and moonset in the winter

No comments:

Post a Comment

we'd love to hear from you :)