Sunday, January 25, 2009

Back in the deep freeze

Thought I'd venture out this morning and get a little more accustomed to my new 15mm fisheye lens and I'll tell you what, when facing a stiff SOUTHwest wind at -2F, I had eyes instantly running and freezing to my eyelids. Ouch. You would think a wind outa the south would warm things up a bit, but no. An hour later and my eyes are still burning a bit, and I was only out a couple minutes. Makes me wonder how wildlife makes it thru the winter. Funny though, you'll hear birds chirping in this brutal cold just as you would on a warm summer morning.

So here's a couple pics taken in haste. The simplest of tasks get amazingly difficult in this kind of cold, ie. leveling tripod, making sure cable release out of way, changing camera settings with gloves on, etc!


"Pancake Ice", Upper Harbor, Marquette MI, Jan 25, 2009




Pastel snowdrift at sunrise, Upper Harbor, Marquette MI, Jan 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

we'd love to hear from you :)